1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
Um… I dunno… I’m very sensitive to wool (the horror!) but I’ll knit with it anyways – I just can’t wear it close to the skin… but basically I love knitting with anything soft and I absolutely do not like anything even remotely scratchy.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
A drawer and the storage that comes with the Denise Kit.
3. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I learned to knit years ago but didn’t pick it up in force until college when I made a bunch of semi-hideous acrylic scarves for my roommates. But I really have only been knitting seriously for about a year and a half – so I’m probably an intermediate. I’ve made a sweater and learned cabling and I just recently tried some lace… but I have yet to knit any real complicated color work and socks still completely freak me out.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
I’m pretty picky about scents as I get migraines and strong, perfumy smells are something that can give me an instant headache… so anything mild. Vanilla is usually good.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Yes. Love me some chocolate.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
Create things out of beads, paint and decorate my house, garden (starting to get into that), sew (I'm just starting to learn), and I’ll pretty much try anything once. I do not spin as of yet.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
Honestly I’m not that into music. I guess I just don’t know where to start as far as what to listen to. I borrow a lot of cd’s and MP3’s from people at work and I pretty much like anything…. And am willing to be educated!
9. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
I tend to like reds and pinks a lot. I always seem to be really attracted to those colors… I’m not really a blue person so much because I don’t look that good in blue… Actually I think it’s more that I like warm colors more than cool colors. I’m doing the whole Project Spectrum thing and that has really opened my eyes to new colors, which has been fun.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I live with my husband and the cutest dog ever.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Yes, yes, yes, no.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Um… I dunno. I’m kindof all over the place. Generally I like quick knits… I like having something simple going at the same time as something more complicated so that I have something to knit on the bus and something to knit while at home.
13. What are you knitting right now?
The Adamas shawl from knitpicks – I’ve been working on it for what seems like forever. Hopefully by the time that SP8 really gets going I’ll be done with it! I also have currently been making an obscene amount of felted bags but I’m kindof overdosing on it.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I use the Denise Kit for everything although I love the bamboo double points that I have…actually I really like the feel of bamboo in general… and I just bought my very first pair of addi-turbos for the shawl I’m working on. They are amazing!
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
No but my mom and grandma both do!
17. How did you learn to knit?
My great-grandmother taught me how to knit, my grandmother taught me how to purl, and my mom refreshed my memory later on.
18. How old is your oldest UFO?
About a year and a half…. It’s a wool-ease scarf that will probably never be finished (If I'm going to spend my time knitting a scarf on size 8 needles it's going to be out of something nicer than wool-ease!).
19. What is your favorite holiday?
Halloween and New Years although I always seem to have the most fun on the Fourth of July because we always throw a huge, weekend-long party.
20. Is there anything that you collect?
Beads. And I’m starting to amass a pretty serious yarn collection too!
21. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
Um… I dunno, really. I’m starting to get into lace so there’s that… but I don’t know about any specific books or patterns. And I’m always up for trying new things as far as yarn goes…
I don’t have any knitting magazine subscriptions.
22. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
I’d like to learn how to knit a raglan sweater in the round (the one I’ve made has set-in sleeves and was all knit straight… seaming it sucked hard) .And I maybe could perhaps be convinced to try socks….
23. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Not a sock knitter… how do I measure my feet? Around, length? Need some help…
24. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)