It surprised me with 3 ginormous cucumbers:
The Salsa garden continues to thrive:
My sunflowers are finally starting to look like sunflowers and maybe are even growing an actual flower:
The impatiens have grown so large that they have completely overtaken the lights that we put in:
And I still had enough ripe tomatoes to make "tomato deliciousness" for lunch:
Life was good.
Well then last night I got home, let the little dog out, and stopped inside to check the mail before going out back to water the veggies – as is my routine every day – and I see this:
Dexter! what are you chewing on….you’re not eating grass again are you….wait… is that a tomato?!!
I caught him red handed. Apparently rat terriers like cherry tomatoes.
So anyways… here’s the "recipe" for tomato deliciousness:
- 1 bunch cherry tomatoes (or half a bunch if your dog is a vegan)
- 1 package fresh mozzerella – I bought this at Giant Eagle but it’s much, much better if you get it from Galucci’s – just make sure you get the fresh stuff…
- Fresh Basil to taste – I used a lot b/c my basil plants are threatening to take over my back yard.
- Fresh Parsley to taste – I used a little b/c my parsley plant is pathetic– it has been completely crowded out by the tomatoes.
- Balsamic Vinegar (red wine vinegar works well, too but I like the balsamic/basil combo)
- Ground pepper to taste.
- 1 little tiny glug of Extra Virgin Olive Oil.